Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

G'day from downunder ;)

Blu Winter

Reaction score
Hello
I'm Blu Winter, and Aussie teen girl living in victoria. Im an animal enthusiast and a new Axolotl owner. Well truthfully I don't own any Mexican Walking Fish, Just yesterday I got one for my step mum hahhaha but in my family I always end up being the one who looks after the animals XD
Basically our little girl hasn't got a name yet but I think she would have died if we hadn't of bought her from a young boy. The tank she came with us in is about 15-20 letres and was DIRTY! The water was yellow and if you touched the gravel horrible muck went everywhere, and you could barely see her in the water, if you could see past the dirty tank walls! All that was in with her was a tiny sculptue that gave her no cover to hide at all and a pump that was much to strong and disturbed the water to much for an axolotl to live comfortably in. The water was also warm!! and her tank was placed on the floor in the lounge room next to the TV in a busy house! I was so sad! The poor girl was very very skinny and I think she could have possibly died in a few more weeks or even days.
So we bought her and the tank and everything, took her home and the next began the clean up! Her tank is awesome now! Oh and in the tank she came in there was small sharp gravel which she could easilly swallow(People have no idea! you should really research about the species of animal your going to buy!). So in the habitat we set up for her today we took most of the gravel out, but left a small amount on the bottom, and then put natrual river rocks on top, covering the whole surfave(Minus in her cave because she gets hand fed worms, not crappy pellets like her old life and won't be eating in here) she now has a cave made out of the bottom of a cracked pot and stones, and a large plastic plant that flops over the top of the water as well, She seems very happy and comfortable in the new habitat because she wonders from her cave and watches us on the high peek of the rocks and wonders around alot before returning to her cave, she is also very social and loves touching you, she likes pressing her head against your hands and climbing onto you hand, its very cute :3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!