Looking to purchase a Daphnia culture

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Rupertxgiles
I have some eggs that will be hatching soon and wanted to have some Daphnia as a backup to my bbs. Im having trouble locating sellers. I am located in the Boston area. Thanks!

I have only seen it on ebay. They want $25 shipping from Ohio. If you find it cheaper please let me know too. Good luck

Hi! Just joined after having bought a new baby axolotl. He/she is a leucistic my daughter named "Nebula". Anyways, completely new to this but a century ago when I was in University we got our supplies from Ward Scientific and they have daphnia cultures. I don't know if they are the right "kind" but shipping is not astronomic and prices are cheap especially if you are ok with them in a bag instead of a jar.

https://www.wardsci.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?catalog_number=875210

I have had great luck buying from aquabid.com under the live food section. There are almost always a couple offerings for daphnia along with a bunch of other small live food cultures.

I sell live daphnia for 25.00 shipping included. we do our best at keeping the cost down. 2 bags of daphnia and 2 bags of green water . for 25.00 Thanks I hope I can help you .
Rhonda Moormann on Facebook to Rhondas daphnia culture pm me to order rlmoormann@gmail.com

I would highly recommend ordering daphnia from Rhonda. I've ordered the past two years. She sends a generous amount of daphnia and the green water starter is a huge plus. The trick is to have a large enough container to allow the daphnia to reproduce enough to meet your demand. I was able to raise way more than I needed in my parents garden pond.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back