Leucistic ribbed newt

JM29

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi !

I'd like to share this image of a coloured couple in action.

Attachments

• Pleuroleuci pair 2.JPG
    Pleuroleuci pair 2.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 758
I've never kept Pleurodeles but I'm always tempted when I see them. I saw some at a friend's house a few years ago and couldn't believe the size of them, they were like crocodiles!

Yes, the fully grown adults I have mesure about 20-22 cm but this species can probably grow more in big tanks.
The animals of this photo are young (born in spring 2016) and are only 15 cm long.
I have had this species for 17 years and It still interests me.

This pic from Caudata Culture always impresses me!

Attachments

• p. walti.jpg
    p. walti.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 530
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back