Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Marina Hang-On Breeding Box for Larval?

ntny

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Anyone uses these external breeding boxes to raise larval?
i am looking at these external breeding boxes due to very limited space in my wine fridge.
i do have a little spare space on each shelves in the fridge as the exo-terra faunarium Large size width is only 30cm and the wine fridge is deeper it allows me to fit in these external breeding boxes behind or infront. at the same time these external breeding boxes are air driven so aeration for the larval is not an issue. however i need to modify the exo-terra faunarium cover lids to fit these external breeding boxes.
These external breeding boxes even largest size are quite small though about 11x5x6 inches
Do you think these external breeding boxes are workable for raising larval?
Thanks and cheers!

Marina Hang-On Breeding Box
https://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Misc.-Accessories/Breeders--Salt--Silicone/10943
https://www.amazon.com/Marina-Hang-On-Breeding-Box-Large/dp/B005QRDCP2

Designed for breeding, isolating or acclimatizing fish or shrimp, the Marina Hang On Breeding Box is a safe & secure nursery for livebearer fish that hangs on the outside of the aquarium to make viewing and maintenance easy.
Warm, oxygenated water from main aquarium circulates continuously through the breeding box with the use of an air pump (sold separately), so that fish enjoy the same conditions as the aquarium. Additional heaters or filters not required.
Key Features :
Multi-Purpose
Safe & secure tank for breeding, isolating or acclimatizing fish or shrimp
Space-saving design, easily installs on the exterior of the aquarium
Up to 3 separate compartments for breeding, isolating or acclimatizing fish, using partition plates (included)
For frameless aquariums use with min. 5 mm glass thickness
An air pump (1L/ per minute) and airline tubing are required.(Not included)
Measures 26 cm (10 1/4") wide and holds 2.0 Liters (0.5 US gal.) of water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!