Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Injured Salamander Larvae

ZoeBelle

Reaction score
Please Help.
My salamander larvae, aged about 2 months, is very hurt. A rock in his tank fell on him in his tank when I moved it too rough on accident. He is now missing an eye and won’t close his mouth. I haven’t been able to feed him and I’m sure his other eye isn’t working, sometimes I find him upturned on his back not moving but he’s still alive, other times he’s moving around just fine, I’ve also seen him close his mouth before so I know he can. He gets stressed easier and I wonder if I should put him out of his misery because I can’t find help in my are. someone PLEASE give me advice!!!!!

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the only thing you can do for him is wait and see if he recovers, unless you can bring him to a vet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1