Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: My axie ate a pebble

msears3

Reaction score
I just got two adult axolotls yesterday from a local pet store. The guy at the pet store said that larger gravel would be okay for the bottom, so for about five or six hours they had pebbles on the bottom of their tank. But after looking on this site I found out how bad it is to have pebbles at the bottom so last night around 1 am me and my boy friend were taking out all of the pebbles. But before we did that, we saw one of the axolotls ate a fairly large pebble. Should we wait to see if he throws it up or passes it, or fridge him right away?

Ive only had them not even a whole day yet! And i really don't want one of them to be sick or even die. Me and my boyfriend are so worried and new to this so we are kind of lost. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Putting him in the fridge will help him pass it, and anything else that might be in his belly (like gravel from the store).

Take a deep breath! You did the right thing by taking out the pebbles.

Sounds like you've already started reading through the site. Do you have a grip on the concept of cycling? That's the best place to start. We can help you get a grip on it all. If you haven't yet, read through the axolotl site.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!