Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl lover from NZ

Goldilox

Reaction score
Hi all!

We have had our axie for 2.5 weeks now and the site here has been SO helpful getting him happily settled.

Just wanted to share a picture of when we first got him from the breeder until now. I love how amazingly they can rejuvenate themselves!

Attachments

• IMG_20190228_160643.jpg
    IMG_20190228_160643.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 129
  • 20190315_212444.jpg
    20190315_212444.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 137

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Welcome! That's a fantastic improvement, congrats!

MrsAJ

Reaction score
Welcome!!!! I’m the same - I ended up joining after any question I asked google kept directing me here! So helpful!!!!

Your axi is gorgeous as very similar to ours (well, my son lol!) Csn I ask, is the live plant you have there your substrate?? It looks beautiful!

Goldilox

Reaction score
Thank you!! Yup I found the same. Any question I looked up brought me here, so thought I'd better join than live vicariously through everyone else.

Awesome! I thought maybe a wild coloured would be boring but I love it!

It's not a real plant.. It's a matting which holds my Java Moss and other plants well and is super easy to clean as you just lift it up to siphon under it. I'm hoping the java Moss will mainly take over as it seems to be already. Don't know if the matting is totally pc but doesn't seem to bother Alpha (the axi) at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!