Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Large growths PLEASE HELP :o(

M

megish

I have 2 axolotyls that share a tank (for over 2 years).A few months ago a huge bump appeared on one's side (looks like a tumor thing as if she's swallowed a large rock). That has grown and stayed around the size of a largish marble. She stops eating every now and then and stopped again the other day. She now has several little lumps growing under her hind leg too that appeared overnight and cant put her leg down because of the lumps.. So one side she sinks coz of the large lump & the side can't hit the ground coz of the new lumps elevating her leg
Can someone pls help with any info? I'm worried she's on her way out..

S

sharon

Um, what do you want us to do? You know they are tumors and you see that they are spreading.. there aren't any topical ointments that will make cancer/tumors go away.

You aren't describing warts although I suppose they could be.

You need to take her to a vet. They could be benign tumors. If they can surgically repair a defective swim bladder on a large koi & surgically pin a hamsters broken leg, I don't see why a vet can't remove some tumors from an amphibian. She sounds large enough for them to work on semi comfortably.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

Sharon

J

jenny

omg ya know that about the hamster...where do you live? cos my hamster was in the newspaper in the wigan reporter or somethin for being the first hamster to have his leg surgically pinned cos i got a cage from pets at home and it was dodgy and he broke his leg on it and then they paid for his vets bills and then some german sky channel wanted the hamster on tv for some show lol but my mum said no.

anyways... lol

how do vets deal with aquatic animals? like do an operation in water?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1