Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

strange Formation/growth/blister

RandallRock

Reaction score
My Female Melanoid Albino has a strange Blood blister/bubble formation on her lip. Has anyone ever encountered this? I haven't any photographs unfortunately.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Aaron,

Without a photo it is very hard to say what it could be.

How large is the blister?
How long has it been there?
Is it getting bigger?
Is there anything in the tank she may have cut herself on and the wound has become infected?

What are your water parameters? If there is any ammonia in the tank (ie. it is still cycling) I would remove her from the tank and pop her in quarantine using a container of cool fresh dechlorinated water so if it is an injury or infection it does not get worse.

Change her water every day if she needs to be put in quarantine.

TheDoyel

Reaction score
I have some quick questions. Is the blister see through? Can you see several veins/blood vessels running through it? It may be due to stress/infection or it could simply have somehow developed a tumor/cyst. A picture would be appreciated, does it looks "painful"? How does it react when that part is touched (lightly)?

Other than that I think that Jacq has started you in the correct direction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!