Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Floating baby axolotls

Leedle3dle

Reaction score
One of my axolotls laid eggs unexpectedly a while ago. I had/have them in some small tubs, but they were pretty crowded so I got one big tub expecting to put them in eventually. I left the tubs outside for a month to try to get the chemicals and stuff off. I put them in and they all died :mad:. So now I only have small ones and big ones. Some of the small ones are floating. I can see the bubbles in a few of them. What should I do?

Wyvell

Reaction score
I had a hard time following what you meant by the end of this post. You said all the eggs died? What is floating now?

Leedle3dle

Reaction score
About half of the babies died, but a few of the babies that survived have air bubble in them and are floating on their back.

Cloppy

Reaction score
Check the water parameters, usually having air bubbles either means fungus, or and ''air bubble problem" The technical terms, I knoweth not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!