Salmon Pellets?

kiwitwist

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Sarah
Can someone point me in the direction of where I can buy those soft sinking salmon pellets for the axies I've read about? I think mine are about the size where they can take the 3mm sized pellets. Thanks!!

New pics: http://chaosrah.livejournal.com/403168.html

Yeah me too. I want to try these for my mudpuppy. Everyone is always talking about them so I'd like some too!

Well, here is a place to purchase the Rangen salmon pellets that the Ambystoma Genetic Stock Center (formerly the Indiana Axolotl colony if I believe) has used for a long time with great success.

The link is actually part of the AGSC website and I believe the bags for sale are five pounds but I am not sure. I believe if you would try to order these from Rangen they come in huge containers in the multiple tens of pounds which is far too much for the average person.

Thnx

Thanks, I'm sure Sarah will be happy too. Maybe I'll order some soon, gotta get some money first, lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back