Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Food variety

HannahGl

Reaction score
Hiya!

My axolotl is little and young so I'm still feeding him earthworms. I try the bloodworms now and again but it usually involves Trejo watching them fall past his nose and then looking at me like its my fault! And others on this board told me he'd need to be a bit bigger before I put the shrimp hatcher in.

Just wondering if there is anything nice I could feed him for more nutrition and some variety. What about something like prawns?

Advice really appreciated.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads discussing which foods are apropriate for axolotls, use the search function and i´m sure you´ll find what you need.
Prawn is not adequate. Only fresh-water crustaceans are apropriate, and they should eat them whole, not just the muscular tail.

morphyrichards

Reaction score
I think everyone on here agrees that earthworms are the best, most nutritious food you can feed your axolotl.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!