Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Skin hanging off axolotls lip??? PLEASE HELP

Kaleya

Reaction score
My axie has had this strange bump growing on his lip for a while it was recent, it wasn't there when I bought him, and recently I noticed it got a little smaller, then it started hanging off. It was the same color as the rest of his skin, until a few days ago it turned red. He's in a tank with two other axolotls and I recently started feeding them live feeder fish, but he's not a good hunter so he doesn't eat the fish, he's lazy and has me hand feed him with a feeding stick. Sometimes he'll be eating and accidentally inhale the hanging piece of skin but spits it back out. I posted pictures of this red hanging skin. It almost looks like his lips peeling. Please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 522

LSuzuki

Reaction score
Hopefully, it isn't anything serious, but the fact that it is changing is concerning. Is there an amphibian-qualified vet available in your area?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!