Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Meal worms?

Bertybot

Reaction score
So my local store that I get my earthworms from didn't get me any worms this week and I have 3 axies to feed. They suggested meal worms. I don't like them as I feel they are too hard for my axies.. But are they okay with these if its only for a week? They won't take the pellets I have as they love the worms too much and I tried them with frozen blood work but they just ignored it. Any ideas? Also where is the best online place to get worms that are food safe for my axies. Many thanks!!

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with mealworms if I were you, if they are used to earthworms they will probably spit them back out in any case. Its worth persevering with the pellets though, high quality pellets are very good for them and really come in handy from time to time.
I get all my worms from For all your worm and wormery needs - Bucket of Worms They are excellent value for money and will multiply on their own in the bucket if they are fed scraps from the kitchen.
The ones I buy are their 'fishing worms' which are Dendrobaena sp.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!