Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What Size Tank For 10 Eastern Newt Adults?

JoeTurtleKing

Reaction score
Hi fellow caudata.org members i just orderd ten eastern newts (adults) and need to know what size tank i should keep them in i have some ten gallon tanks, some twenty gallon long tanks, and a fifty five gallon tank and i dont know what one to use.

I would like to use the twenty gallon but i think this might be to small. I was thinking of setting a twenty and a ten gallon tank but then that would take two filters and two sets of lights.. So i would like to set them all up in a twenty but will one twenty gallon be good for ten eastern newts (adults) or should i just use the fifty five?:confused:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I´d say go with the 55 g. The more water the better, both for the newts and for you, cause it makes everything easier.
You could also split them between the 20g and the 10g....you don´t need filters if an aquairum is sufficiently planted, so that shouldn´t be a problem(N.viridescens doesn´t like currents anyway).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!