Question: Tank cycling

I just tried a small worm but still too big for my axie and now the worm is just down there drowning :/ Seen a pic of your 2 though and they will definitely be a good size for them.
Well I have chucked them in a plastic lunch box with no lid. Put clingfilm with holes over top. The worms are inside with compost, banana skins, lettuce and cardboard. Now I just hope they breed :lol: Apparently they are quite easy to breed. I'll let you know.
Charlie is tiny in his huge tank. I keep losing him! I hope yours get in soon :D

poor worm lol... Thats perfect they have grown a tiny bit since then but not much so i will definatly get the small ones, might see what size the shop has them in as well, how long did the delivery take as i might just get them online :happy:... I might try breeding them like that aswell see how things go but definatly let me know before though.... Haha you should try and get some picks of him in his tank :D, i cant wait to put mine in i got the temp down to 21 C but i ran out of frozen bottles so i just hope it dosnt go back up... But on the plus side i got some money so i think i might be getting the aquarium fans.. :wacko: I really want to put them in the tank :(, im starting to hate summer which isnt like me lol

Yeah probably best to start them on the small ones anyway as they'll be more likely to take them. The worms only took 4 days to come so not very long.
The thing is he is soo small that pictures don't really work very well. But I have a few so I'll upload them later :happy: His tank is a bit boring just now anyway. I want to keep it as empty as possible just now though as he is so hard to find in it :lol: Have you bought any plants or that? I want to buy some when I get some money :D
I know it would be so much easier if it was winter! I definitely think it must just be a bit colder in Scotland as well! I seen some temperature regulator things when I was in pets at home today and was tempted to buy one. Probably be much easier than the ice bottles and bags :lol: I'm sure they'll be happy to wait for your perfect tank :D

Im definatly going to order some today they seem happy with the blood worms so il just get them online since you get quite alot and them hopfully i can start breeding them... :D... Just call his name he should come out and pose a bit for you, well maybe not lol... I havnt got alot in my tank just some bits of PVC pipe... But tomorrow i should be getting some plants and maybe some other stuff see if the place im going to has anything nice and that hopefully it dose... :D Temperature regulator thing :confused: lost me there not sure what that is lol, i had a look on the internet couldnt find anything.. I might try an aquarium fan or something, but i just put my canister filter in a load of ice my temps at about 21 C at the moment so hopfully i can get it down a bit more and then let the fans do the rest hopfully :D... I hope thier happy with tank, going to try and make it as fun and interesting as possible.. Have you seen Gomez the Axololtl, i want my tank to look like that it looks great :D.....

After I had a look I think the temperature regulator things are just to increase the temperature which is a bit annoying because apparently you can just programme in the temperature and it will stay that temperature! Probably best just to go to the fan. I'll probably be getting one when I get some money as well.
Wow I just looked at the tank. It looks really nice! Once Charlie is a bit bigger I'm going to get some cool stuff too. At the moment though he's hard enough to find without loads of stuff in there :lol:
I just seen a photo of your axies by the way. They look lovely :D

I think i will just stick to the fans that temperature regulator thing sounds confusing :p, i got the temp down to 20 C i want to put them in but im not sure if i will keep the temp down as its not as hot today so i dont want to put them in and then the tank starts to get warm again... But its so much colder now... I love the rings in Gomezs tank i definatly want to try those :D... I could imagine charlie getting lost like a needle in a hay stack lol.... Thanks im very proud of my little axies and love them to bits :D:D:D... Cant wait to see chalie when he gets a bit bigger :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back