Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Need some advice for rough skinned newts

Reaction score
Hello, I recently got some rough skin newt eggs and they are starting to hatch out and I need advice for a tank set up for them for when they morph. I also need help figuring out what foods to feed them I have a brine shrimp hatchery set up, white worm culture and dwarf isopods.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blackworms are also good. I start an egg tank by putting water and some crinkled leaves in. I use the "dirty tank" method. You can do a search on this site. Others use a "clean tank" method. I don't change the water much until they are fairly big. Then after they morph you can use a dirt tank.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try doing a "search" of that. Basically it's like using pond water, but you make your own. I put leaves in water and use a little water from another tank. Other people use clean water and change it a lot. That's what I mean.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!