Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Here Are My Babies

little high

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my babies. Sorry for poor quality but you can still see how cute they are.
Both girls as far as I know ;)
The piggy back rides and such look rather suspicious though. :D

Roxy wasn't very healthy when I got her, she had impaction from gravel. She needs to put on some weight along with the other 2 I have. Skinny Rexy and the new skinny little guy I saved from 6-7 Large Silver dollars and 6/7 Large angels. The 2 boys are currently on vacation in the fridge.

But are these 2 girls not absolutely adorable?

Attachments

• 01-08-08_1219.jpg
    01-08-08_1219.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 01-08-08_1220.jpg
    01-08-08_1220.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 198
  • P8130118.jpg
    P8130118.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 198
  • P8080074.jpg
    P8080074.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 218

Kerry1968

Reaction score
I love their smiley faces! The wild type one on his/her own looks like it's really grinning!
It's great seeing other peoples lotls, they should be christened happylotls! Kerry.

little high

Reaction score
:D THEY ARE SO CUTE AND SMILEY AREN'T THEY:D

Roxy the leucistic is quite temperamental and moody, but so she should be. I got her with hardly a front right arm and a little stumpy tail. It is amazing to see her grow.

The wild one has little green dots on her face like she is splated with paint, she (i think) is an absolute pig hunts in the plants for the tiny snails, takes on whole earthworms with great pleasure aswell as whole live goldfish as does roxy. But this one knows my hand is what gives it and chases my arm when I clean the tank and do any renovations, she greedy, hungry and very fat. But ever so cute. If she does turn out to be a she, I may just call her miss piggy.:wacko:

Here's a pic of my new little boy (definately a boy :eek:) he is a little munched on. I have had him a week, and all is well so far seems happy in his new non threatening environment. He looks funny fighting worms as he is so skinny. I'll need more tanks soon, my collection keeps growing.:D I don't like to see the little guys suffering in pet stores, fine when they are looked after but not when they are mistreated. :(

Attachments

• P8090102.jpg
    P8090102.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 188
  • P8090089.jpg
    P8090089.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

lisalee2

Reaction score
They are both lovely the wild type looks like my girl roxy with all the gold patches and the albino is a lovely coulour never seen one that coulour before but defently an albino as it has red eyes.

little high

Reaction score
I'm unsure on the colour of there eyes roxy the other pale colour one has red eyes in most photo's aswell but only the 2 pale ones do it, there eyes are quite maron looking but are really dark so not sure if you would really call it red and it's different to the colour of rexy's my little golden albino. Any opinions on this would be apreciated as I've often wonddered why.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1