Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

White tadpole

2roxfox

Reaction score
Just thought i would share this photo of a white tadpole that hatched a while ago in my pond - it was moments away from being axolotl food when i spotted it among the normal black tadpoles i had scooped up in my net - so now it is living in a luxury pond apartment with top quality slime as I wait for it to turn into a white frog. I am in Western Australia and this tadpole will become a Motorbike Frog - Litoria moorei - when it (hopefully) makes it through metamorphosis. At first i thought it was an albino but not sure now as it seems to have pigment around its mouth and a bit of colour in its eyes.

white tadpole | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

sde

Reaction score
Very interesting.....it is a beautiful tadpole. Keep us updated on its growth, I would love to see it when it is a frog. I once found an albino red-legged frog ( Rana aurora ), it was weird, it was slow and lethargic seeming. I don't know how it made it to adulthood, but it was pretty cool!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!