Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Tiny red “scratches” on axies mouth

secondriley

Reaction score
Ive had my axolotls for a few months now and my oldest had 2 little red dots that look like small scratches on his mouth. Im not sure if its from the worms belly when they start to flail or if hemight have gotten hurt on something. I have a 40 Gallon tank with 3 hides and a few fake plants. Im just a little worried because they recently popped up. If anyone has any idea of what it may be please let me know. Thank you :D

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Post some pictures if you can so we can all take a look.

secondriley

Reaction score
Its not a good quality picture but im gonna try and get another picture of it today they look like just tiny scratches but im not entirely sure. Just 2 tiny dots on his top lip also not sure why its sideways

Attachments

• EC3B9D30-F1AE-431E-BF51-216C31F39DB1.jpg
    EC3B9D30-F1AE-431E-BF51-216C31F39DB1.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 164

secondriley

Reaction score
I enhanced and cropped the photo a bit to make it a little easier to see with how bad the photo is. Still a bit blury but a little bit brighter, i cleaned the tank that day so my filter was still trying to pickup the little bit of residue that mixed around during a water change

Attachments

• 9D526CEA-FCD2-4B16-B843-65659B7C030F.jpeg
    9D526CEA-FCD2-4B16-B843-65659B7C030F.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 179

Hayleyy

Reaction score
What kind of fake plants do you have (plastic or silk?)? It could be an injury from the plants. Keep an eye on it for the moment, watch for fungus. If tank conditions are good most injuries should heal okay :)

secondriley

Reaction score
I have plastic ones and thank you i cleaned the plants and hides the other day before surgeryand put almost a hull new tank of water in so hopefully all will go well :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!