Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Red scratch/spot back on axolotl

secondriley

Reaction score
So i posted a while back about a spot being on my axolotl’s mouth and it went away for a while and it came back. I dont see any white spots or anything on her gills or anything but i am a little concerned again that there may be something wrong. Im hoping its just from the platic plants or something but im not sure. Heres a picture and if anyone can help me in maybe healing it somehow or if i should quarentine her let me know thank you. :)

Attachments

• D63BD86C-B4DE-47B3-A0FB-A6AC648BF5C8.jpg
    D63BD86C-B4DE-47B3-A0FB-A6AC648BF5C8.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 405
Reaction score
It actually doesn't look to bad to me. I wouldn't worry much about it, just keep an eye on it for the next couple of weeks to make sure it heals properly. It should heal up on its own pretty easily. Are there any other axolotls in the tank? I wouldn't say that there is a need to quarantine her, as she seems to be happy and healthy looking in the picture, and the spot isn't going to effect the other axolotls in any way. If you feel that it isn't healing up fast enough, you could add almond leaves to your tank. You can find them pretty cheap online. They have antibacterial and soothing qualities which help speed up the healing process :)

secondriley

Reaction score
We have two other axolotls in there with her but thank you :) I’ll have to try that if i dont see any change after a while :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!