Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Golden Albino with Silver freckles?

R

rebeccah

Is this normal? I'm wondering if it is a cool decoration or maybe something wrong with his skin?
Also, my Albino's gills seem a little forward, but I don't know. They just curl slightly forward at the tips. No tail curling though. Is it okay? How obvious is stress when it comes to the gills? I have only had them a few days, so other than reading I have no experience. Any help would be great!

J

joan

Sounds normal.

If the gills are forward, it may be stress. Probably from moving if you've only had them a few days. Just keep temperatures and water current down.

R

rebeccah

I tested my Nitrite and Nitrate levels last night and the results were alarming!
Nitrite .5 and Nitrate 20
I did a partial water change and have bought some bacteria that is supposed to get rid of the "new tank issues" or something like that.
I hope that works.

kapo

Reaction score
What was the "bacteria" you bought to fix it? Nitrate is ok, but what was ammonia? If your tank is cycling you just need to do partial waterchanges every few days to bring it back to safe levels. While cycling try not to add any unnecessary things/chemicals to fix your tank as that is usually only a temp. fix and can throw your cycling out, poss. causing more harm than intended.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!