The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 8th August 2018   #1
Abbyl

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Abbyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Earthworm help!

I just recently got an axolotl and it is time for her to move onto earthworms. I am planning on feeding her nightcrawlers but I'm not sure where to get them. I know you can't feed them worms from baitshops because of chemicals so I want to order online. If anyone has website suggestions please let me know. Also how often should I feed her? I plan to chop up the worms to easier sizes to swallow and feed her 1 worm a day for now. When she gets older I plan to move her up to 2 worms. I would like to know how often to feed her and if my plan is good?

Abbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2018   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy has given consistently good advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently good advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Earthworm help!

I've heard a lot of people getting them from baitshops, you just need to ask and see what they keep the worms in. I'm not in the US so can't suggest any particular online sites but if no one else suggests anything, most suppliers should have a contact section so you can ask them.
The place here in AUS that I order from says on their website that the worms are suitable both for fishing and pets so are free from any bad chemicals, so keep an eye out for that

Old 9th August 2018   #3
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Earthworm help!

Yes, usually places that sell them for bait. I get mine at a chain of convenience stores.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, begginer, earthworms, worm, worms