Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Little white worms in my tank

MuGuiKeu

Reaction score
Hello!

Since maybe 2 weeks, I have little white worms in my tank. I read that this specie wasn't dangerous for axolotls, just very annoying for me. I'd like to know how to kill all of them to make sure then won't come back! I'm thinking about putting my axolotls in another tank, then add a lot of aquarium salt (non-iodized salt) in the tank for few days. After, I would rinse the tank several times, then see if they come back after one week before putting my axolotls back in the tank. Would it work? I don't see any other option since axolotls don,t support chemicals...

Thank you!

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you keep the bottom vacuumed, clean the filter frequently, and remove all uneaten food right away, they will naturally decrease on their own. Hang in there, keep things clean, and the problem will solve itself.

MuGuiKeu

Reaction score
Ok, thank you! I just bought a new vaccum and a new brush :) I feed my axolotls with earthworms. The problem should be solved soon then :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!