Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Who is Going to IAD??

P

paris

the dates are april 29-may 1, and hotel rooms arent cheap. i am considering going with my tax return money to foot the bill-but i cant afford it alone.i try to make a point of going and getting a table so us caudate people at least get some representation, but tables are also not cheap. so anyone out there want to share responsibility for a table and room - you know help out with caudate solidarity....room is always the main thing, i cannot book one because i dont have a credit card (tore it up years ago). i am willing to share up to 4 in a room, and gender doesnt matter to me.

P

paris

oh also-i am not sure if i want to arrive a day early or on the friday-there is nothing scheduled yet, so im not sure about needing a room for 3 nights or just 2

J

jarid

I am considering going, but I don't know if I will be able to afford it. I also might be going on a herping trip in GA during the show. =/

E

edward

On Friday is the keynote speaker.

I will be there for the three days. There is a tentative field trip in the works to go to take salamander pictures.

Ed

P

paris

yeah ed, thats what i was wondering about, if i catch even a 7 am flight here-its 9 there before i leave, so i couldnt get in before noon baltimore time, so if i m going to miss something in the am i might come in the night before.

J

jarid

That sounds pretty cool Ed. If I am not in GA, I definately have to go. =)

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I'll be their definately on Saturday and Sunday. Friday is still up in the air.

J

john

How much are tables?

What's the hotel chain? I have a bunch of "Frequent Guest" points with Wyndham and Raddison that may be transferrable.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Holiday Inn Select
tables are 100 Beth Davis told me they have lots of new people and tables might sell out. I might commute.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1