The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Tiger Salamander & Axolotl (Ambystoma tigrinum, A. mavortium spp, etc.) The Tiger Salamanders and the Axolotl are so popular amongst hobbyists that they have been given their own topic. If you're particularly interested in the Axolotl, there is a large section of the forum devoted mainly to beginner Axolotl enthusiasts (not this topic).

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
yanger

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: yanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A. Melanostictum?

Newly morphed individual, found him inside Eastern and Grey banded tigers. He was part of a fresh import shipment into China.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG7.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	871.6 KB
ID:	54260   Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG10.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	754.8 KB
ID:	54261   Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG25.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	54262   Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG26.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	493.4 KB
ID:	54263  

yanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
PDONTnAMBY

Nationality:
Rep: PDONTnAMBY has shown reliable knowledgePDONTnAMBY has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: A. Melanostictum?

Very intriguing! The third and fourth pictures make it look like the animal just has dull patterning, which doesn't seem that unusual for a metamorph, especially a tigrinum metamorph. But the first and second pictures show really well-defined fine reticulation. I've never seen anything like that. There's part of North Dakota where melanostictum and diaboli overlap (and I know that a lot of the mavortium in the pet trade come from ND); perhaps this could be an intergrade?

PDONTnAMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
yanger

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDONTnAMBY View Post
Very intriguing! The third and fourth pictures make it look like the animal just has dull patterning, which doesn't seem that unusual for a metamorph, especially a tigrinum metamorph. But the first and second pictures show really well-defined fine reticulation. I've never seen anything like that. There's part of North Dakota where melanostictum and diaboli overlap (and I know that a lot of the mavortium in the pet trade come from ND); perhaps this could be an intergrade?
The first two pictures are new and were taken last week. The animal has been in my care for about 2 months

yanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
yanger

Nationality:

These are much fresher pictures, taken this week. The animal has arrived in my collection for 2 months and are showing a beautiful reticulated pattern, as aforementioned.

The pictures of the animal in dull pattern bathing in the white bucket was taken on the day he arrived, now he has much more pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG11.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	790.8 KB
ID:	54275   Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG7.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	871.6 KB
ID:	54276   Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG1.jpeg
Views:	6