Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please help with fungus

pleasehelp

Reaction score
Please help, I lost one axolotl to a white cottony fungus and I worry I am about to lose the other who shared a tank with her. I gave her a salt bath and lost her the next day so I am hesitant to give this one a salt bath in case that had something to do with it. I changed ALL the water, the filter, and cleaned all the plastic plants in there 2 days ago - the water parameters were fine both before I did this and after. He was looking better yesterday but today looks awful. I used pimafix just now but worry it might be too late. Does anyone have any advice for me? The ph of the water is around 7.8

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the water temperature? If its higher than ideal you could try fridging him in bottled water to see if things improve.

pleasehelp

Reaction score
The temperature is 68 degrees fahrenheit. I put some icepacks in there and he seemed to like them.

Update in case anyone else has this same problem, Pimafix saved my axolotl. Shortly after using it all of the fungus is gone and he looks so much healthier, almost back to normal now. I really thought he was going to die with how bad he looked but he looks like nothing ever happened now and it's only been a few days.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!