Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

One of Margie's gorgeous golds

digitalxri0t

Reaction score
eme9yjep.jpg

2ype9esa.jpg

ametu5ez.jpg

zehysaja.jpg

yhe7y3ug.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geron

Reaction score
Beautiful. Are those live worms you are feeding them? That huge ball of worms.in the third picture looks awesome haha.

digitalxri0t

Reaction score
Yes indeed. (s)he was hunting them because I had just put a big clump in there, which is why the gills are the pretty shade of red along with the gold.

zombieaddict

Reaction score
Breathtaking! I'm totally jealous of those gorgeous gills! Margie definitely delivers. <3

Petersgirl

Reaction score
Beautiful! Absolute stunners. I hope one will perhaps get entered in the Calendar Competition this year?...So we can look at them all the time?

*Hint Hint!*

zombieaddict

Reaction score
Beautiful! Absolute stunners. I hope one will perhaps get entered in the Calendar Competition this year?...So we can look at them all the time?

*Hint Hint!*

I agree! That second picture is a real winner! They're all cute but that was the one that really made my eyes pop.

digitalxri0t

Reaction score
@Seagull Yes my little one has the longest gills Ive ever seen on any of my babies. He's by far my favorite <_<;

@Petersgirl I didn't even think about it, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to submit a few though :3

@ladygodiva35 I'm totally biased, golds are my absolute favorites but this one really stands out even in comparison to my others golds. I think I picked well with him!

@zombieaddict Yes, yes she does. She has such a variety of golds to, some of them are matte yellow and then some really shine and others are like mine. Ah I love going over to see her babies.

seagull

Reaction score
@Seagull Yes my little one has the longest gills Ive ever seen on any of my babies. He's by far my favorite <_<;

@Petersgirl I didn't even think about it, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to submit a few though :3

@ladygodiva35 I'm totally biased, golds are my absolute favorites but this one really stands out even in comparison to my others golds. I think I picked well with him!

@zombieaddict Yes, yes she does. She has such a variety of golds to, some of them are matte yellow and then some really shine and others are like mine. Ah I love going over to see her babies.
goldies r also my favorite
wildtypes r my second fave
my burrito is a very descrete gold color
some think shes a white albino but i have pics from when she was a baby clearly showing her as more gold back then
idk why her color faded but her mom is a goldie and her dad is a wildtype

digitalxri0t

Reaction score
I love the very green wild types, which is funny cause I dont have any, all my wilds are the dark ones.
I think it depends on diet and genetics and of course the individual axolotl. Each of them is different honestly.I've heard about albinos taking on a yellow color as they age, but never a gold fading, how odd XD Of course I don't understand the genetics so I'm not even going to try.

zombieaddict

Reaction score

Ugh, so jealous! I would love to see all those pretty colors together in one place. Road trip to Washington!

hannahlotl

Reaction score
Gosh, that is one stunning axolotl! Has the pretty thing got a name yet?

HayleyK

Reaction score
Are you thinking of names associated with fire? If he were mine his name would be something to do with fire, like Blaze or something. I can't get over his gills <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1