Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axy acrobatics

axolotlmilky

Reaction score
while observing mt axy the other day, I noticed it was doing "hand stands", and spinning around, and other acrobatic moves in the tank, she did this for about 2 mins then when back to exploring her home. I have never seen her do this before and it is quite amusing to watch. I wonder if this is just her way of amusing herself, or wether she was aware I was watching and just trying to show off.

Has anyone else ever noticed this, and next time she does it i will try and film it and post it to let everyone see her funny antics.

cheers for reading

Ryan

Ashlie

Reaction score
Yeas! Whenever i walk into the room, my axie stands on her back legs, and walks around the tank on her hind legs as i walk around the room. She is very funny. I am assuming this is her way of begging for worms whenever she sees me, because as soon as i sit down, she retourns to normal axie positioning.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Ah yes, I call it the Happy Food Dance. :D

Ryan - is she standing on her hind legs or her "hands" - front legs? Haven't seen any of mine standing on their front legs before.

-Eva

General Finn

Reaction score
Mine do it all the time. Usually when feeding but sometimes they do it just to do it. Sorry didn't have much time to snag the pic so the quality isn't really there.
picture.php

big a little a

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
Ah yes, I call it the Happy Food Dance. :D

Ryan - is she standing on her hind legs or her "hands" - front legs? Haven't seen any of mine standing on their front legs before.

-Eva

Hi Eva

I actually witnessed mine doing a handstand on his front legs last night - for some reason, he seemed intent on trying to sqeeze into a space between hidey-half-log thing and the side of the aquarium, despite the fact that there clearly isn't enough room - he tried getting at it from every angle, including headfirst, with his mitts on the floor, looking like a world class gymnast performing a handstand, until finally giving up and swimming off in a strop...I may shift the log over tonight, to please his lordship :D.

Zoe x

Blaze

Reaction score
haha so cute everyones acobatic axolotls! So far all Sunny does is wriggle up his slanted tile and slide slowly down, he almost seems to enjoy it haha!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!