Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello, nice to meet you!

TaterTot

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Tatiana! This is my first time on this forum, but I post a bunch on Aquarium Advice.

I work at a family owned, local pet store in WI so I know a lot about all sorts of animals, but I focus mainly on Dogs and Dog Nutrition. We also have a fish room (sadly I don't work in there, but I have two great friends that do so I'm in there a lot!) and I have two tanks at home (a 15 gallon with fishies and a 33 breeder with my Axxies). I'm currently deciding on a major (The options are Pharmaceutical Veterinarian or Film... Don't ask). But anyways, enough about me and onto my pets!

I'm a new Axolotl owner, since I got my first one June 2014, a Leucistic GFP. I got him for my birthday after looking at him in our pet store for a number of months. I named him Aristotl the Axolotl, but we call him Ari for short. He's got an attitude and is very sassy, he really likes to latch onto my fingers when I'm cleaning the tank or when I'm feeding him.

The second little guy I got last month. I noticed him in the pet store, looking very stressed out and sad. He looked like he was starving, probably because he was in a tank with gold fish and they were getting all the food. Here's the thing about the fish room at the pet store that I work at. There are 4 people that work in there, the owners, and then my two friends. The owners don't really care about freshwater fish and focus only on selling and taking care of the saltwater side, so the other animals get neglected. My friends try to keep up on the freshwater side, but it's a lot of work for just the two of them!

Anyways, I saved the little guy, a black Melanoid with long frilly gills! I named him Toothless and now him and Aristotl are nice friends :D He's more timid and calm, but a much better swimmer than Aristotl.

Yup, those are my babies! I love them a lot, and can watch them for hours.

Last edited:

TaterTot

Reaction score
I'm glad you rescued them! I assume they're getting better food than goldfish flakes now!

Sure! They get a mix of a bunch of things (I switch it up every few weeks so they don't get bored), earthworms, pellets, bloodworms, mysis shrimp, live ghost shrimp and frozen beefheart or freeze dried krill for treats!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!