The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 14th December 2017   #1
sakriephoenix

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: sakriephoenix is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Trouble Shipping Axolotl

Hoping anyone reading this can give me some advice. After months of preparation, I purchased my first axolotl from an online breeder in Illinois. I live in Texas, but I paid for USPS priority shipping. Priority shipping boasts two to three day arrival times. Well... The axolotl (it is only 2.5 inches!) has sat in the Des Moines post office for NINE DAYS!!!!! I am at a lost for what I can do for it. I tried calling the USPS 800 number which is automatic and kept kicking me to the main menu. I tried emailing them, but when I tried to contact the seller for her information she didn't respond so I couldn't do that. I tried signing up for informed delivery, but again the USPS automated system kicked me out. I went up to my post office who told me to call the Des Moines post office. I called the Des Moines post office who transferred me to another number which kept sending me to voicemail. After leaving several messages with no reply, I call the Des Moines post office again and was transferred to voicemail for a different number again. Finally, I filed a claim for the lost package, which again I doubt will be very successful since the seller has failed to give me her billing information. What can I do? How do I find the lost package, and if I can't, how do I get reimbursed if the seller is ignoring my responses? I used paypal. Is there a way to contest a sale through Paypal? Can I get reimbursed through USPS if the package never arrives? Also, is there a better/safer way to buy Axolotls in Texas? If any of this information was readily available, then I would have found it. I'm just curious if anyone else has had such poor luck with the USPS.

sakriephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, shipping, usps