Info on Paramesotriton hongkongensis

Ok
I have to correct my previous post. Yesterday when I was cleaning the tank I found an inch long larvae.

I think if i get any more eggs ,I will try my best to Replicate the conditions of the parent's tank in another.

Well unfortunatly i dont have a parent tank.. s im using water out of my axie tank.. i have a daphina bucket going outsaide for food
happy.gif
so fingers crossed!

The eggs have started changing shape.. when i looked last night they were a oval shape.. tho one was very white so im expecting that to be a dead one.

Karl - keep in mind that the reason the parental tank sometimes works so well is that it is already cycled and already full of micro-organisms. You could certainly create a cycled tank, but it takes a month of time. To introduce the micro-organisms, you'd also need to move some mulm (that brown debris you find on the bottom) and plants from the parental tank.

judging by the time it took for the last eggs to hatch I will have enough time to set up a mini tank with the same conditions.
Now all i need is the EGGS!

Im sad to say it but me and andy think the eggs are infertile
sad.gif

Ive had them coming up to 2weeks now and they've not really changed shape.. 3 have been binned due to them being dead for sure..

The others are looking like they are getting fungusy..

Now I have loads of white worm, daphina and springtails for no reason
sad.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back