Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Habitat size for tigers?

Karayna

Reaction score
I'm getting two young barred tigers (A. mavortium mavortium) in a couple of months. They're just eggs now! What size of tank/terrarium do you recommend (length x width)? I was thinking 80 cm x 35 cm (31.5 x 13.77 inches), would that suffice for two, or should I get a larger one? I know they can grow to 30 cm's/1 ft.

Karayna

Reaction score
Hi there! we want to see pics when you get them!! but meanwhile you should read up on them. Id assume the little guys would be fine in a 10 gallon terrarium all the way to adulthood if your only going to have 2 of them. Heres some reads for you!

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Tiger salamander
Barred Tiger Salamander
Tiger Salamander Care Sheet

Thank you so much for the links! I will definitely post pics when the little guys have arrived! Can't wait. I currently own three axolotls, and those got me interested in tiger sals! :)

I've met the parents of my babies to be - they looked healthy (so did the rest of the family)! :)

Griffin8891

Reaction score
A 10 gallon is fine for when they're tiny. But is definitely too small for two adults. I have one adult in a 20 gal long.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!