Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Safe For Tank Decoration?

secondriley

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a small fake bonsai tree I would love to add to my axolotl tank, since the tank is so big and it feels very empty. I am pretty sure it is plastic and I have had it a while but I was wondering if it would be safe for the tank if i cleaned it up and removed the fake leaf trimmings and maybe added a type of moss on top to grow out. Any suggestions or information would be amazing :)

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Should be perfectly fine as long as there are no sharp bits! Taking off the plastic leaves and replacing with moss would be lovely, I've seen people do that before in other tanks.

secondriley

Reaction score
Should be perfectly fine as long as there are no sharp bits! Taking off the plastic leaves and replacing with moss would be lovely, I've seen people do that before in other tanks.

Im hoping i can make it small enough to fit by cutting most of the bottom and making the limbs a bit smaller :) but thank you for the input

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!