Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello!! axoltols here

petghost

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my names Zacharie im 16 and I currently own 4 axolotls
im mostly here to share about my axolotls, and get help whenever theres an issue (since i only got my axolotls around december last year, and am pretty new to this)
I own two lucy's a golden albino and a wild type.
my first two are Inspector Berrybreath (lucy) and Doctor Honeytongue (golden)
VdKM7Cj.jpg

ive had these two the longest and i love them very much !!
my next two are around 5 months old or so, and i got them from a lady who could no longer look after them. ive only had them for a couple of weeks but they make a lovely addition to my growing little family (as honeytongue has recently laid eggs)
xswiYVT.jpg

there names are Terezi (lucy) and Karkat (wild)
i have some concerns on karkat but ill make another post about that
thank you for your time !

Reaction score
Hi Zacharie! Welcome to Caudata.org! I’m sure you’ll find this site very helpful :) Congratulations on your eggs, and your new axolotls! I posted a reply to your post concerning Karkat, your wild type ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1