The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion For general enclosure/vivarium-related discussions.

Old 8th May 2007   #1
Dewy
(tritus)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: tritus has started on the right path
Default emergency pumping

any one ever come across whatever could be used in emergencies when the power supply is cut off and the air pump stops?

tritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007   #2
Foster Reves
(freves)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Hello Dewy,
I am not sure what is available in England however in the US battery powered air pumps are usually easy to find. If what you are keeping does not have gills then a short power outage will most likely do no harm, although you may have to do some partial water changes if the outage is extensive. In terms of a potential power outage, I am worrying more about the AC going out during one of our eastern US summer heat waves, given that for the time being my animals will no longer be housed in a basement.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency, pumping