Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sick axie maybe :((

yoonie

Reaction score
Hello!! I’ve had my axie (Mako is his name) for about 2 months now. I started him on pellets and with that he was doing just fine but I wanted to switch him to works bc I didn’t want him to get fat, (and he hasn’t still from them) but I wanted to see if he liked them so I switched him to small red wriggler worms and I would cut them in half and give it to him well like the 3rd or 4th time he ended up throwing them up.... which I should’ve stopped there an I didn’t ? and I gave it to him one more time just to see,, to make sure,, after feeding him pellets and I accidentally got him constipated and I fridged him for 3 days until he couldn’t poop anymore and it worked! But some days he’s still floating apparently. Like today I talked to the caretaker I bought him from and she talked to other breeders about it since she didn’t know and one of them said that now it might just be a air bubble stuck in his belly somewhere and it’s just worrying me so much. He’s not uncomfortable at all! He still plays and swims around but he just can’t not keep his butt down some days and it’s just upsetting because he tries so hard and he literally has to prop himself in the cave or hold onto the side of his caves to keep himself down... I instantly put him in a tupperware container when I came home and fed him in it and he ate just fine!! I just wanna make sure like does it sound like a bubble? Or does it sound like something else more serious than that?? Someone please help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!