Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ammonia Problem: Help

Tjebb

Reaction score
I apologize, as I know there are so many ammonia threads, but I want to get all of my parameters out there.

So I have had this tank cycling for about 5 months. Yes, a long time. So I have been using SeaChem Prime daily, and using tests about once a week to see if it is ready. Here is some information;

Nitrates: 0
Nitrites: 0
***Ammonia: 0.30
Ph: 6.8

Does anyone know what I can do to lower this? My poor guy has been getting bigger and bigger, and he is so cramped in his old tank. Also, I am going to try and upload some pictures of the ammonia reading, cause I am torn between the two things it could be.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/687432330602026334/

Thank you for any and all help!

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Are you cycling with the axolotl in the tank? In the 5 months have you seen any nitrites or nitrates? Even with a slow cycle you should have seen them by now. How often and how big of water changes are you doing? I would use some bottled bacteria and see if you can take some used filter media from a friend or nice aquarium staff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!