What is your favorite firebelly?

• Total voters

caudatadude28

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
AJ
What is your favorite Firebelly and why? Here are the firebellies from the poll in order. I got all the pics from Caudata Culture.
C_cyanurus2NELSON.jpg

C_ensicauda1Reinartz.jpg

C_ensicauda14Johnson.jpg

C_orientalis2JOHNSON.jpg

C_pyrrho6JOHNSON.jpg

My favorite is the Blue-tail, because my favorite color's blue.

Japanese Kanto

Decisions, deciscions, you need an 'all of the above' choice.:p I'm torn between Japanese kanto and C. e. popei.

I voted chinese fire bellies because I have two :)

This is not fair at all...C.pyrrhogaster has 6 subespecies and they are all included in one option whereas ensicauda gets two? xD

I'm surprised by these results. I would have expected C. orientalis to be way out ahead, simply because so many people keep them.

Sorry about the Japanese firebelly broad classification. If people want they can say what sub species they like best on this thread. I also thought Cynops orientalis would get the most votes due to so many people keeping them.

I'm not sure my vote really counts for anything (since I've never owned a newt...), but I voted for cyanurus because (from what I've read) they are one of the hardiest and best beginner species out there. Not to mention just how darn cute they are :happy: I'd really like to have a pair or trio someday.

for me it's also difficult to choose one of these Cynops species, 'cause i'm a Cynops-fan! I like them all. Still i've chosen for the popei, because i have them the most.

Greetings Joost

I do not know, may be things of the soul, but my preference is without doubt to the C.cyanurus! :cool:

I have chosen Cynops ensicauda ensicauda, they're great! After them, the C. orientalis are my obvious choice!

I've only kept C.o. myself, so it feels strange voting otherwise. But I voted for the C. e. popei. That gold dust coloration is so cool.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back