Illness/Sickness: Constantly throwing up?

strawberrie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I recently got another axolotl, and he's been throwing up all food I give him pretty consistently. He still shows a desire to eat, but just can't seem to keep any food down. He's a bit skinny, and seems to have trouble taking down larger food items. He doesn't seem stressed, and the other one I got is doing just fine. He always seems to be searching for food...

The tank parameters seem to be fine, and he doesn't look stressed like I said...should I stop feeding him for a bit? He only really seems interested in live food, so I've been feeding him baby red wigglers...he wont go after larger nightcrawler worms that I cut up.

What can I do to help him? I can't help but be worried... :(

Maybe the axie is taking some time to settle in, my last one took a month before she would eat a worm. Keep offering. Try some pellets or frozen if you have any, use tweezers to wiggle the frozen food around so they seem alive. Once they get used to eating from you you should be able to move on to nightcrawlers.
Do you have a photo you can attach?

Maybe the axie is taking some time to settle in, my last one took a month before she would eat a worm. Keep offering. Try some pellets or frozen if you have any, use tweezers to wiggle the frozen food around so they seem alive. Once they get used to eating from you you should be able to move on to nightcrawlers.
Do you have a photo you can attach?

I will try to get a picture when I feed him tomorrow, he's eaten some pellets today and so far everything seems okay...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back