4 Foot Tank - Eternal Work In Progress

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

Well, the bets are in, the stakes are high - how long will this setup last until Jacq changes it again! :eek:

I think my axies are ready to submit an entry for 'a new owner wanted' in the advertisements section of the forum...:eek:

My axies will appreciate your vote in their favour and will pay bribes in cheesy grins to anyone who says "Jacq, it looks great, you don't need to change it again".

I'm in love with that centre rock, it was a bargain. I purchased it cheap as chips from the aquarium as their scales broke down and the young man serving me had obviously never excelled in 'Home Economics' at school - Grams and Kilograms - there is no real difference is there? ;)

picture.php

Did I mention that I was in love with that rock?...No, well here it is in a close up - I suppose the axolotls are not that bad looking either (except Vader - a veteran of many wars).

picture.php

Aragorn has had enough of that crazy woman with the camera and is retreating into his favorite hide:
picture.php

So what do you think?

Does Jacq need to change it again? :rolleyes:

WOW I wanna live there..... Of course must be after you find a new owner LOL just kidding. Looks GREAT!!

Well Jacq where do you want me to begin.......................................................................................................................................................... Actually I think its just fine, buts thats coming from someone who thinks up a new way of arranging my axie tank every time I look at it. I'm settled with mine for the time being, waiting to see if my java fern and anubia survive, its looking good so far, I can see new growth.
Your axies have plenty to climb and hide in, Im sure they must be happy in there..........but you won't stop there will you? or will you....................... :)

Your tank and axis are beautyfull, if i was an axi i would love to live in that tank looks lovely and plenty of hide outs in the rocks. Beens the water is so high though i would put a lid on top of the tank as axolotls have tendency to swim rapidly and may jump out.But nice set up and your axis are so cute.

Well, I am new to this, but I really LOVE your tank.
It really looks natural, like a little axie palace!
If I had more space and money...;)
What kind of axolotl are yours?
Melanistic and gold albino?
Names?
:D

Thank you very much everyone! :D

WOW I wanna live there..... Of course must be after you find a new owner LOL just kidding.

I'll keep you posted Terri! ;)

....I would put a lid on top of the tank as axolotls have tendency to swim rapidly and may jump out...

I know this only too well - there is actually a glass lid that covers the whole tank - my shoddy photography has managed to hide it away :eek:.

....but you won't stop there will you? or will you....

:uhoh: I dunno... ;)

....What kind of axolotl are yours? Melanistic and gold albino? Names?

The axolotls in this tank are Vader (Male - Melanoid), Aragorn (Male - Gold Albino) and Faramir (Male - Axanthic albino...I think).

I have two other tanks that are three foot and also um...works in progress :eek:...each have two axolotls.

2nd Tank: Aranae (Female - Melanoid) and Arwen (Female - Leucistic)
3rd Tank: Merry (Male - Gold Albino) and Pippin (Male - Wild Type)

It looks like an axie paradise to me. Am thinking of changing mine around too, providing more hides, and getting another axie. I have two and figure I can get one more in there with more hides.

Am thinking of changing mine around too, providing more hides, and getting another axie.

They sound like great ideas to me Lisa. ;)

Ahhh, someone is a Lord of the Rings fan...;)

Who?! :D

My family insisted my axolotls be given names to preserve their sanity - I'm not quite sure if the family was talking about themselves or the axolotls come to think of it....

I tend to call the axolotls "Hey you!", "Stop that!", "Knock it Off!" and the new name I came up with just yesterday was "no, No, NO!!" :p

I have this stupid habit of giving my animals silly names...;)

Hey, what you call your Axies I use to call my cat and the bird...
:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back