Not sure if he's ill or if I'm panicking...

FiJi

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Display Name
Fiji
Hey, my axolotl is a leucistic, and has grey spots over his face and up his gills, and today I noticed pale yellowish-orange spots along his back. This evening however, his grey spots have almost completely faded. He seems to be eating fine, and is pretty active - normal for him - and is showing no signs of stress that I have noticed. Does anybody know if something is up with him, or am I just overly paranoid?
I'd appreciate any advice or comments, thanks in advance,

FiJi

P.s I'd have put up pictures but my camera is broken.

Another thought, could it simply be due to blood/oxygen flow? As in, the more active he is, the more obvious his markings due to heightened blood/oxygen flow and vice versa?

It could also be shedding skin or bits of tank detritus that has coated its skin, giving illusions of fading patches.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back