Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO i cant be, it must be the work of the devil

E

elliot

My axie died!!
sad.gif
i did a water check, it was fine, the temperature last night was fine, i fed it yesterday and it was lively, i even weight it and it as good weight, it looked bulky as well, but why did it died!!! i want REVENGE~!! i needa no what killed my Speedy~!!! THE ONLY THING AS THAT HE WASNT CRAPPING, BUT I HAND FED HIM, EVERY DAY BUT I CANT FIND ANY <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>!!!!

DAM YOU SPEEDY, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIED~!! DAM YOU SPEEDY, NOW I NEEDA GET A REPLACEMENT,DAM IT!

Memory of Speedy, the lil Axies
2004-2006
"he was such as speedy little fella" quoted sis
'he died the way he wanted' quoted owner

E

elliot

he was floating on top of plants for a few days but i thought it was normal since its normal for him to do.

kapo

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Elliot. If the water temp and parameters were ok, then it must have been something else. Are you sure your test kits were ok?

Also, were there any feeder fish or other companions in there? Might have caught something from them, that made it ill and die.

E

elliot

there was some feeder fishes but im not shure if they hav illness since my dad breeds them him self and feeds it to his other fishes and it seems to be ok for quite along time so i dont think its the fish.

L

lorie

I've had an axie die like that too. Only a year old too. Its was a bactiria thing in her belly
sad.gif

J

jennifer

Was there gravel in the tank? If it really was not pooping, it could have had a digestive blockage. Often, it's impossible to know why an animal died.

I'm very sorry about your loss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1