Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bolittaglossa

yama

Reaction score
Are there any Universities in the States working with B. dofleni or mexicana???? Are there any in the hobby or trade???

taherman

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
Why do you ask? I assume you mean working with them alive in captivity?

There are a few live female dofleini in one zoo, and possibly some in private collections in Europe. There are no Bolitoglossa being exported from anywhere legally for the pet trade right now.

manderkeeper

Reaction score
When I was in Galapagos they were saying there is actually a Bolittaglossa that's established there as an alien species. Perhaps it will be beneficial to collect them from there but I think the chance of getting them into the US is slim as the Galapagos are very strict but wouldn't it be a cool project to pay an islander to remove as many as possible since they shouldn't be there and perhaps establish said species in captivity? Maybe if they collected long and hard enough it could limit their spread on the island.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!