Filter with my new babies

hanniebumblebee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
hannie bee
Heya, not all of my eggs have hatched yet but a few have, the problem I have is that the daphnia that I have put into the tank keep getting sucked into the filter. I'm also worried because the babies might get sucked in, I thought of putting like fine muslin over the filter but I'm worried it will strain the motor. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also how many daphnia should I put into the tank? I have lowered the water level to about 1.5 inches and I currently have the filter lying down on its side surrounded by rocks. I'm new to this and any help would be fabulous :) thankyou x

Hi

My eggs are just hatching now. They are in an unfiltered tank. I replace the water daily, using water from the parents' tank. I'm feeding mine artemia -- and I feed them as many as I can hatch in a 24 hr period in 1/4 litre of water. I've got two lots of artemia growing at anyone time. Hope this helps.

I don't use a filter with my larvae, I just do 100% water changes everyday or so.

I don't use a filter either. The only axolotl tank I have filtered is the adult tank. I keep all the juveniles in tubs with 100% water changes daily.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back