Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

BABIES for the first time

sharelkaye

Reaction score
When I check in on my four axies I noticed about 60 or more white dots everywhere and then looked closer as some a membrane I was so excited they were eggs and I was waiting for this day to come since I got my little guys in!!! So I'm getting ready to set up my breeding tank that I use for my guppy babies to set it up again for the new babies tomorrow then transfer them over to a new tank..

Is it possiable for small fish such as guppies or ghost shrimp to eat the eggs :confused:

they don't seem interested in them but worried a little.

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi sharelkaye,

It is best not to put any other species of animals with the eggs. In fact, it is best not to put any animals at all with the eggs, including the parents. Eggs make a tasty meal.

Cheers

sharelkaye

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput. I transfered about 15 eggs to a seperate tank thats a little warmer and i left the rest where they are at so far they are all still there for the most part maybe a few casulties during the move around and such, but there are many left and the parents are well feed far away from where the eggs are so it shouldn't be a problem. It looks like they are all going to be albino or leusistic.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the eggs! When you say "warmer", what temperatures are we talking about for parents and for the eggs?

skittles

Reaction score
I cant wait to get to see this!!!!
Ive got to get my hands on some eggs first though...

They seem like such an amazing creature. I can't wait to get to experience raising one from an egg...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!