Question: Axolotl in Israel?

Guppidy

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Display Name
Anna
Hi,

due to dire circumstances I have to move back to Israel. Now I have 4 lovely axolotls I hate to rehome but I heard that importing amphibians to Israel is illegal. So I guess I'll leave them with the serpentary at the Belgian coast :( But since this breaks my heart, I'd like to know if I can find and keep axolotls in Israel. I'd love to keep me some axlotl again :( Any knowledge on this?

you can find them sometimes on pet store that keep fish

Oh so they can be bought in Israel! Great! But doesn't that mean they can/have to be imported, too? If possible, I'd like to keep my lovely Baby Shimon Peres, Tita, Kerli and Uzi :(

If you love them enough.. You may be able to get special permission from the government, or get a permit or something. Im not sure. Im definitely no expert. But thats what id look into.

Thanks. So I sent an email today to the vet office in Israel that deals with import and export, begging for an exception. I hope I get a pleasant reply...

I asked the ministeries of fisheries and nature and stuff, but they all turned me down :( Now there's eggs to rehome, too.

Old thread, new questions! Is there a market in Israel? Some pet shop say amphibians may not be sold, in others however, I saw newts. Google didn't yield much...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back