Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Cracked Axolotl Tank

Michailar9

Reaction score
Help! I bought a 29-gallon glass aquarium for my axolotl but when I got it home I found a chip in the corner. This was the only 29 gallon in stock and I also live 40 minutes away from the store. Is there any way to fix it? I bought it from Pet Supplies Plus because they price matched Petco's $1 per gallon sale. I filled the tank up halfway and it hasn't leaked.

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 216

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it might be fine as is but you could reinforce it with silicone glue if it makes you feel better.

LippyNix

Reaction score
That defect is in the seam, and I would not trust it to not give out later. It'll be less of a pain to get a new tank now than to deal with the emergency and clean up the mess if it gives out later.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1