Breeders in Manchester - Axolotls wanted

Jamie Stevens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Are there any breeders local to the Altrincham/Manchester area? We're after 3 young axis and would prefer not to get them by post. All of our local pet shops seem to be out of stock.
We just started cycling our new 240l tank yesterday so with any luck should be ready for them in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Cycling usually takes 6-8 weeks or even longer. To check, because its a common mistake, you are cycling your tank by adding a source of ammonia to kick start the cycle? And then monitoring the cycles progress to check when it will be done? You aren't just letting the tank water sit there, are you?

Personally I would make sure that the tank is finished cycling BEFORE thinking about where to find your axolotls. But once you are ready, any google search would tell you that Manchester axolotls always has axolotls for sale ..:: Manchester Axolotls ::.. - For Sale

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back