Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

2010 Creepy Salamander Guy/Gal Contest!

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
I just placed my order for my 2010 Caudata.org calender...mostly because my wife controls my "fun money' budget pretty closely...and I needed a new bottle of whiskey a bit back...;)

Anyway, if you have not gotten yours yet, you are not one of the cool kids! Only the really creepy caudate obsessives have them, so show your true colors and show just how creepy you are...I bet I can "out creepy" any of you!

Think about all the wonderful caudate conversations you can have at work or school by replacing that calender of scantily clad women or pug dogs with some outstanding salamander and newt photography by the folks here! Mine will replace the Snap-On tools Bikini calender over the turret lathe at my place of work. I figure it is only fitting as the only time the lathe gets used is when I manufacture repair parts for my pumps and filter motors...;)

Caudata.org Calendar Store : Caudata.org Newt and Salamander merchandise

Since we have no way to do the Donor Drive anymore, I have decided to have a photo contest.

It works like this:

Submit one high resolution photo of you in your Caudata.org Gear OR submit one high resolution photo of your Calender in a public place OR submit a photo of you in your C.org gear with a C.org calender somewhere public. (one prize for each category)

I will force the moderators to vote on the submissions and then ship out a prize package to the winner of each category.:D

Submission Rules:

One entry per person. This contest is open to all members world wide, so do not be afraid to enter just because you are not in North America. I will take care of shipping and all that.

Photos should be e-mailed to john.farnen@{NOSPAM}.{NOSPAM}com prior to April First 2010 with "CONTEST SUBMISSION" in the header. I will post submissions shortly after the cut-off date. The poor Mods will be forced to vote on the submissions shortly thereafter... ( remove the NOSPAM bit folks, it will work better!) The e-mail address given is for business only, so do not send me questions and chain letters.

Please be advised that sending the picture via e-mail is the only way to enter as this allows me a way to contact you when you win.

Photos posted in this thread or elsewhere will be ignored as I am that sort of chap...:D

Please make sure the pictures are in good taste. If you work in a slaughterhouse or have your calender posted at the local nudist colony I will probably accept the pictures but will not submit them for judging.;)

Prize packages include a mix of a suitable Field Herping Hat, a caudate related book, and other random caudate related things I have sitting in this large box in my critter room taking up valuable space I need to farm live foods for my breeding programs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1